Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Toni's wedding - Lucy and Loo Convertible Bridesmaid Dress


Once upon a time, a soldier from the Australian Army, took the day off to take his pride and joy (a customized purple XR6) to a photo shoot for his favorite car magazine. He saw the most beautiful woman... a model getting her hair and make-up done for the shoot. He took a deep breath.. and approached her....


A few days after the shoot, he was in Afghanistan on his tour of duty... all he could think about.. was her.  







How did hubby propose? 
We had just moved into our new house and had spent the day out buying new things. When we got home, he told me that he reaaaly wanted to buy the sandwich toaster and kept pestering me until I said I would go back out and get it. I had no idea that he was just trying to get me out of the house! 

When I returned home, i couldn't find him, but there were post-it notes spread around the house giving me instructions on where to go and what to do. (There I was thinking he was just playing a game with me.. he's such a joker!).. UNTIL he put my favorite song on (A thousand years - Christina Perry).. then I had an idea there was more to this! The last post it note I found was to our bedroom door, saying the date we first met our first kiss and the date he knew I was the one. There were rose petals at the entrance and as I pushed open the door to find him on one knew with the MOST incredibly 1.5 carat princess cut diamond ring.. and he asked me to be his wife. 








Toni and Luke were married in December 2014 at Stamford Grand - Glenelg Beach, South Australia. Their ceremony was on the balcony, overlooking the beautiful blue sky and twinkling water. The ballroom hosted their reception and 75 of their closest family and friends. 












What did the girls think if their Lucy and Loo Convertible Dresses?

They absolutely LOVED them!!  With three bridesmaids spread over 3 states it was a challenge to get everyone into something that they could love and feel beautiful in. The girls are all different shapes and all have different tastes! I wanted them to feel gorgeous and comfortable so they could have fun! It was such a relief when we found Lucy and Loo! Happy bridesmaids mean a happy bride! :) 








Toni's bridesmaids wear our Lucy and Loo Convertible Cocktail Dress in Lavender. This colour no longer available.. however replaced with our 2015 colour  'Indigo'. View our colour range here




What was your favorite part of your wedding day? 

Marrying my best friend and having all of our closest family and friends there with us. I often think back to our wedding now and wish I could go back to that day and have everyone there again. The day was truly magical and I wouldn't have done anything differently! 

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mathews !

Toni's Wedding Suppliers:

Wedding Dress: Jenny & Gerry's Bridal House 
Photographer: Melanie Nelson Photography
Bridesmaid Dresses: Lucy and Loo Convertible Dress
Wedding Cake: Heidelberg Cakes 
Florist:  Bliss Events
Wedding Shoes;  Crystal Shoe Couture